Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Paint My Mind

"Lord I know you can't erase every line and every trace of a used to be, but the marks will cease to show when they're placed beneath the flow of Calvary.
Lord, paint my mind with Calvary's blood, wipe away the stains of yesterdays pains with your brush of love.
You've covered the earth, the skies and seas Lord please do just one thing for me, paint my mind with Calvary's blood
". ~Paint My Mind, By: Wayne Lawhorn

I'll never forget the first time I heard that song, I could not stop weeping. I was still somewhat fresh out of the world and the bad memories were not so far removed from my mind. On my way out of town with my husband this weekend that song came on, and it brought up a lot of emotions but not the same ones as before. I began to feel convicted that I had become a little too comfortable with my life the way it is now.

I had lived life to what I thought was the fullest for 18 years, I have scars that have faded physically and emotionally. Its the fading of the "emotional scars" that somewhat scares me. If I am not careful I can forget just where God brought me from. God forbid that I ever begin to feel that I have a good husband, a good job or a good life because of something I've done. The things that I do have, including my right mind is only by the grace of God.

I remember for so long not wanting to have anything to do with my old life and I believe that I have achieved that but I can't afford to forget that I was once bound by sin. Thank you God for my life and all you've done but please don't ever let me forget my testimony.

If you're reading this and were raised in the church the fact that God kept you is a beautiful testimony. You don't need to come from a life of sin to appreciate what God's done for you.


Love,

Siena

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Sienna,

    You've written another great article here. I appreciate the insights that you share. May the Lord help us all never to forget where HE has brought us from, whether we were pulled out of the world or raised on the pew. Being raised in church does not negate the fact that we are still born in sin, and we still need to obey the plan of salvation. Young people raised in church can not only have a wonderful testimony of God's saving power but also of His keeping power in keeping them from drugs, alcohol, etc. God bless you and your husband as you continue to reach out to youth.

    Love,
    Sis. Connell

    ReplyDelete