Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Its a small world after all...

How many times have you gone on vacation and noticed other church folks but are too afraid to say hello? I’ll be honest, I’m guilty (and you are too) but why do we do that?


If there is ever a group of people we should feel totally comfortable walking up to and making introductions its other Pentecostals. There should never be the “intimidation factor” with church people. Just think how joyous it will be when we get to glory and we recognize faces we’ve met over the years. Life is tough, we are a gazing stock to the world but we gain our strength from God and one another. Why not get to know as many brothers and sisters as possible?


Let’s not get in ruts or cliques. A clique can be one of the biggest tools the devil uses against young (and older) people. It’s easier to wander off when you feel alone or to make friendships that are unhealthy. Could it be intimidation? One of our young ladies made the comment that she was afraid to make friends because she didn’t look like the other girls. Other excuses I’ve heard is their not friendly because their P.K.’s, which is totally an excuse (and FYI G180 youth that doesn’t fly with me!). No more excuses!

I think there are a lot of friendly folk out there but WE are the ones that need to get over our pride or fear and just say hello. Let me be the first: Hello, my name is Siena. Thanks for stopping by! If it’s your first visit, Welcome! If you publicly follow, thank you! If you follow privately, chicken (j/k)!

Siena

10 comments:

  1. Lol :) Hello Sis. Siena :) *new follower*


    I believe that all young people go through that phase of "they won't like me because I'm this or that." I've fallen into this & well, still, I am. I am a very friendly young person and make friends so easily but lately I've stayed with my own youth group! I haven't gone into the crowds and started up a conversation with anybody new! It's shocking because that's just how I am! Lol

    When our youth groups go to conferences and youth services, let's step "out of the box" and open a new one :) maybe we'll find a new friend that sticks "closer than a brother." :) lol

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Meagan!

    I do understand it's hard to break out of your shell but good for you to be honest enough say what you did. I live in the Bay Area, if you are anywhere near by I can highly reccomend a group of friendly young people you can make new friends with!

    Take care!

    Siena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually live in the LA area. :( Kind of far from the Bay. What church do you go to??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our church is in Fremont, my Pastor is Bro. Kerr. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go to Bro. Clark's in Ontario :) I think I've been in that area before. What conferences is your youth group going to go to soon? :) Maybe we could all meet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Pastor's wife is Joni Ann Clark's aunt! It is a small world after all. :-)

    Our youth attends most of the larger coferences Youth Alive, On Course, West Coast etc. Maybe we'll meet at West Coast. I'd be happy to introduce you to some of our young people.

    Siena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol and Joni is practically my aunt :) haha! My uncle, Jeffrey Rowell, married Kristy [Clark] and Kristy and Joni are sis-in-laws :) so that makes everyone related. Lol.

    I may be going to West Coast :) In Jesus name! lol. I'd love to meet your young people! My youth group is always up to meet some new friends lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sis. Siena! My name is Jen! :) lol This was an awesome post, and so true. In more recent times I have gotten over the problem of going up to people and making new friends. Getting over that has profited me much! I have made a lot of new friends who have really been a strength and a help to me. Thank God for the church!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have decided that you are in the wrong field of work. You are so good at writing articles that are relevant and so true for today's young people. Another "stop and make you think" article. I have been guilty of this as well. My excuse is what if they are not Pentecostal but look like one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. I think we're all guilty of it. I did miss the mark on career choices, I should have been a food critic! :-)

    ReplyDelete