Friday, August 27, 2010

Dear Ex- Pentecostal Girl


Dear Ex- Pentecostal Girl,
I saw your pictures today and hardly recognized you. The images I saw left me feeling lost wondering where that teenager that use to weep in the alters went. I knew you had walked away but I had always hoped you would find your way back some day.
Life in the fast lane may be fun for a season but where does it leave you when the people that used you, took advantage of you and robbed you of your innocence are done with you? When you find yourself alone, disgusted with your actions I pray you remember that there are people but more importantly a loving merciful God that is just waiting to welcome you back home. Don’t stay away for too long, we are not promised tomorrow. Sin will take you farther than you ever wanted to go.  As I type this letter to you there is an aching in my chest and I can barely see the screen on my computer for the tears. Please come home.
You may feel embarrassed or maybe even a little too proud to face all the people that you feel “trashed talked you” but its time to get beyond that. We’re not promised tomorrow, and your soul is not where it needs to be. There is no boy that will love you more than God and no drug or alcohol will make you feel better then a powerful Sunday night service . You know the feelings of loneliness and distress you feel when you lay your head down on the pillow at night, please don’t try to flaunt your new lifestyle to those who are younger and once looked up to you. Is the life you’re living now what you would want to pass on to your babies?
Please find your way back to where you need to be. God’s waiting. Time is short.
A broken hearted Youth Leaders wife,
Siena

5 comments:

  1. Sis. Siena,

    What you wrote here touched my heart. I really appreciate both you and your husband's burden for young people. You are a blessing!

    Love,
    Sis. Connell
    www.writeathome.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Heart is breaking with you. And for all the young people who have strayed.

    God Bless you and Bro. Van Heusen and your labor of love for His children!

    Love,

    Sis Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this post touched me. I know how you feel. I have lost many friends to the world and it is so sad. I wish they would come back. The best I can do is live my own life right and pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sis Kolej Oakley is blessed to have you.

    Jennifer~ You just live for God with all your heart and your life will be a testimony to others that have walked away of what God could have done for them. That may be what they need to see to get right with God.

    Siena

    ReplyDelete